As the third stop on the 12 Gift-Book Ideas for Christmas Blog Hop, I guess I’m the 3 French Hens :-). For everyone who stops by please know there is a Rafflecopter $50 amazon gift card giveaway which you can find and enter here.
On the third day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
Wonderful Christmas memories — wow so many to choose from. Main memory is always family. Christmas was always a family day. Starting after Thanksgiving:
- From Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve making cookies, and candy, and cookies, and candy, and cookies (lots of family).
- Butchering – hard work but everyone helped and we had fun. Plus Mother’s homemade sausage — awesome stuff that I’d love to have once again.
- Waking up the morning of December 6th (St. Nicholas Day) to either a large bowl filled with ‘store bought’ candy or citrus fruit (oranges, tangerines, grapefruit) on the kitchen table (all treats in our house).
- Going out in the woods and finding/chopping our own tree & the year two of my siblings picked out such a large tree that it wouldn’t fit in the house and Dad had to trim it down a couple of feet.
- On December 24th putting up the tree and decorating it. Painting the nativity scene on the living room picture window (using bon ami mixed with food coloring and water) and sitting up the nativity scene beneath the tree.
- Watching the movie White Christmas (Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye version)
- Midnight mass.
- Waiting for Christmas morning … and then waiting for after the mid-day meal to open presents.
- Opening presents (some years more than others).
We are supposed to link to a favorite Christmas site, but I don’t have one so I’ve linked to my favorite christmas songs. Originally my absolute favorite was Oh Holy Night
and then another tied that one a bit later Little Drummer Boy (although this one always makes me cry–long story why)
Here is a brief description of my featured story: The cruel and ruthless Chorkan, servants of the Dark God, have one obstacle in their path to conquest: a young noble in the Kingdom of Kier, Prince Kaden. Pursued by enemies and friends alike, while under a death sentence for a crime he didn’t commit, Kaden seeks sanctuary with his old weapons master. He must find a missing princess, save his family, prevent a war and protect his kingdom, all while avoiding the executioner’s block.
You can find all my books on Amazon, and find me here and on facebook .
Remember to check back at this website for other posts in the 12 Gift-books of Christmas Blog Hop. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.